Responsible Conduct of Gambling
Gaming machines are allowed in registered clubs and hotels. Licensees and venue staff have responsibilities when operating gaming machines.
Responsible Conduct of Gambling (RCG) helps to ensure compliance with the law, reduce gambling related issues and to promote safety (harm minimisation) in venues where there are gaming machines.
Why do you need RCG training?
RCG training is mandatory if your work duties involve gaming machines. This includes, but is not limited to:
- licensees of a full hotel licence
- secretaries of a registered club
- staff with gaming machine duties
- staff who pay out winnings
- staff who patrol or serve in the gaming machine area
Whether you are a staff member or an employer, you may be fined if you work without a valid competency card, or allow employees to work without one.